A global leader in the food and beverage industry is looking to add a distinguished leader to their Procurement team! As Director of Procurement, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies as well as directing and managing the purchasing department and staff -just to name a few. Based out of Chicago, the Director of Procurement will experience a plethora of growth and opportunity while cultivating strong work relationships.
- Directs and leads purchasing staff in all phases of purchasing including the acquisition of Direct and Indirect - supplies, raw materials, equipment, contractual and professional services, and CAPEX.
- The Director of Procurement will lead all forms of Strategic Procurement including category/commodity management, supplier management, and global strategic sourcing
- They will develop spend management programs as well as developing strategic commodity
- Negotiate with large-scale contracts
- Develops and administers the Procurement Department budget and forecasts all budgeting needs
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required
- Must be CPM certified
- 10+ years of procurement experience
- Strong written/verbal skills as well as great attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Readily adaptable to change
- Casual Fridays
- 20+ days paid time off
- Monthly team luncheons
- Summer Fridays