I am currently working with a leading FMCG firm that specialises in the manufacture of spices, condiments, seasoning mixes and other flavourings. They are looking to expand their current procurement function at their UK headquarters based near Oxford.
The company made a turnover of $5.6 billion last year and has over 12,000 employees, and are looking to expand their operations, so its an exciting time to join an ambitious company with a truly global reach!
- Lead the marketing categoriesfor the EMEA region (including but not limited to) merchandising , creative design & packaging, e-commerce, digital, market research, promotional activities, POS materials, media. Head and lead the negotiations of procured materials and services to assure optimal TCO (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation) achieved. Develop and implements strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk to the company. Develop and document deep knowledge of markets, supply chain, and suppliers. Help with make vs. buy decisions. Conduct formal presentations as well as coordinate & conduct supplier reviews.
- Participate in the planning and forecasting process to establish standard costs and provide explanations for price variances at Division level.
- Promote high level of customer satisfaction in supporting the needs of Divisional projects & requirements for Purchasing guidance & leadership.
- Lead cross functional teams to meet project objectives.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chai or applicable field of study required.
- 2+ years marketing procurement experience in an FMCG environment (preferred) due to fast pace of activation and speed to market.
- Marketing knowledge specifically on agency fees and production costs and digital content.
- Worked with Media suppliers either now or in the past - understand the basics of media buying (do not need to be a subject expert).
- Some eCommerce experience or a desire to learn.
- Social media and Digital media some previous time spent working on these areas.
- Ability to deal with diverse and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to manage own time and projects from start to end.
- Able to adapt quickly and calmly to changes in stakeholders needs.
- Strong stakeholder communication needed.
- Credible to stakeholders in ability to deliver projects.
- Calm and rationale approach to projects.
- Appetite to get more involved in eCommerce and Digital.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? If so apply now!