Job Title: Prototype Engineer Supervisor
Job Location: Appleton, WI
A global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets is seeking a Prototype Engineer Supervisor who will provide leadership and direction for the Prototype Engineering division. The position will assign and supervise resources to support projects and programs, develop processes, tooling, manufacturing instructions, and equipment to support customer requirements and production schedules.
Our facility in Appleton, WI manufactures state-of-the-art circuit boards for Aerospace and Defense as well as Industrial and Medical Industries.
- Leads, supervises, and directs the manufacturing engineering team which includes tool design
- Provide leadership and direction in manufacturing in product flow, tooling, and standard work procedures
- Provide input for manufacturability, direct and non-recurrent cost
- Provide leadership during technical information exchange with customers
- Provide implementation of manufacturing that is process dependent
- Develop and mature the manufacturing engineering culture and infrastructure for the company
- Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and practices
- Six Sigma, Lean Product development, Kaizen Activity are highly desirable
- Must be proficient in the use of MS-Office tools
- Management experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering discipline or a technical field
- Five years' experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment; two (2) or more years of equivalent industry experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience within the functional area assigned
Competitive compensation and relocation assistance!