Environmental Engineer - for a leading Chemical Company
- Environmental Engineer
- Albany, NY
A leading Chemical company is seeking an Environmental Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have chemical EHS experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Environmental Engineer - Will report to the EHS Manager and be responsible for the performance of this location in meeting site environmental compliance goals relating to the air pollution regulations.
The Environmental Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- BS Degree with an Engineering or Science major
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in environmental compliance
- Strong analytical, strategic, organizational, reporting, presentation, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal air regulations and Risk Management Plans
The Environmental Engineer - will:
- Support the EHS Manager in fostering Corporate and site efforts to maintain and enhance environmental compliance and integrate those efforts in promoting business opportunities.
- Support plant engineering in evaluating emissions, implementing process modifications, maintaining the facility Risk Management Plan and troubleshooting of problems that directly affect the site Environmental Program and air pollution compliance.
- Prepare air permit applications and Title V permit modifications. Provide regulatory analysis and interpretation on applicability and implementation of permit and regulatory requirements
- Provide compliance support to ensure compliant inspections and recordkeeping, ensuring that the necessary air regulation operating permits, governmental surveys and appropriate documentation are completed in an accurate manner and filed on a timely basis.
- Operates within departmental budgets within set budget constraints.
- Coordinate stack test preparation and execution.
- Assist in inspections and training activities as required.