Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager required for Leading Food Production Company
- Kansas City, MO area
- Plant Leadership Team
A leading Food Production Company is looking for a new EHS Manager to sit on the plant steering committee, playing a large role in plant leadership. The candidate chosen will be overseeing the safety for a facility with 20+ packing lines along with 10+ presses.
As a leader in a highly automated plant, the EHS Manager will play a large role in developing and delivering SOP's as well as training's for the entire plant. The EHS Manager will report directly to the Director of EHS&RM while being responsible for driving a safe working culture and implementing effective EHS&RM programs aligned with Corporate EHS&RM that enable the site to effectively identify and mitigate risks.
Qualifications for the Ideal EHS Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Master's degree in related field a plus
- 5+ years prior related experience in environmental health & safety in a manufacturing environment
- Trained in OSHA/EPA regulations
- CSP, CIH, CHP preferred
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Proven on-site emergency response experience
- Experience developing SOP's and creating specific training's pertaining to EHS
- Comprehensive understanding of OSHA principles and best practices
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience a plus
- Proven leadership abilities
Responsibilities of the EHS Manager:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to align with Corporate EHS & Risk Management, for environmental, occupational health, safety, industrial hygiene, occupation medical, and security issues.
- Lead cross functional and multidisciplinary team to address EHS and security site issues
- Formulate proposal for strategic and tactical responses, and advise site leadership of impacts and mitigation strategies.
- Implement an incident investigation methodology, aligned with corporate EHS & Risk Management at sites to ensure incidents are investigated and root causes are identified.
- Participation in administering plant hearing conservation program and annual audiometric testing.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring and equipment maintenance.
- Maintaining Brady Lock Pro (LOTO Instructions) for all machinery plant wide.
- Assisting with updating and revising Plant Safety Programs if necessary.
- Ensuring injured employees receive appropriate medical care in a timely manner by accompanying them to Medical Provider Visits