· Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
· 3 years of relevant work experience, and 3 years of experience in Commodity Management, Strategic Sourcing, or Supply Chain Management.
· Experience managing contract manufacturers or electromechanical modules.
· Experience with cost competing technologies.
· Master's or MBA degree.
· 5 years of experience in Commodity Management, Camera Sourcing or Supply Chain Management.
· Sourcing and procurement experience for camera or camera components.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, sourcing, and collaboration skills
· Excellent project management skills.
· Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.
About The Job
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Our Company has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Our Company operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Our Company's bottom line.
As Global Supply Manager, Camera, you are responsible for interfacing with internal Engineering and Product teams as well as our external suppliers to develop finished modules and components. You will design, develop cost, and deliver camera modules and components at a consumer electronic scale.
You will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing and procurement. You will build consensus with stakeholders and will be the main contact for negotiations and supplier management. Additionally, you will lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide Our Company's Devices and Services Product Area with optimal pricing, flexibility, quality, and supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware and Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering, and Operations teams. You will be the commercial owner with a focus on contracts and pricing, and on maintaining long-term strategic supplier relationships.
Our Company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Our Company AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
· Develop and execute strategies for Consumer Hardware; identify and implement new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance including optimizing the supply base.
· Develop deep understanding of cost competitive technologies, processes, and products to guide and influence product development decisions; Create cost models for new modules, components, and processes.
· Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and risks related to product design and business plans. Develop global sourcing strategies with defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation, and supply planning agreements.
· Address all areas of global sourcing and supply chain management including commodity business plans, supplier performance management, global market, building up a strong supply base that's the right fit for Our Company, pricing analysis, contract agreements and procurement support.