About the job
The Head of Contract Manufacturing Europe has accountability for the full relationships and outcomes of my clients external manufacturing and packaging service providers, Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) located in Europe and as assigned for North America. The Head of Contract Manufacturing Europe is responsible for the oversight of all external manufacturing projects and is the day to day business manager for contract manufacturer relationships with accountability for ensuring supply of product to patients and for driving continuous improvement in risk, performance, quality and total cost.
Accountable for the successful oversight of all CMO relationships in Europe, and as assigned for North America, and for ensuring reliable and quality supply of product to patients and for driving continuous improvement in risk, performance, quality and total cost.
As a member of the Global Procurement Leadership team, this role will help lead the overall development and transformation of Global Procurement into a collaborative valued business partner that creates a competitive business advantage to our internal stakeholders and the lndivior business.
· Coaching of external governance teams in supplier management to develop individuals and create a highly performing team.
· Providing leadership and day to day management of the external manufacturing and packaging network.
· Ensuring the on time and quality supply of all contract manufactured and/or packaged finished product from the external network.
· Taking lead in coordinating resources across R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Planning, Logistics and Manufacturing Technology for the successful implementation and ongoing management of pharmaceutical finished product manufactured and packaged with external providers.
· Identifying and supporting strategic category imperatives aligned to the organisation's business objectives and developing an overall category management framework within which cross-functional teams develop and execute category strategies and other initiatives aimed at reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO) and improving the other parameters of supply including quality and performance.
· Implementing, monitoring and delivering against key metrics in support of improving team, supplier and company performance.
· Ensuring all required contracts and agreements are in place with our contract manufacturing and packaging suppliers to protectf supply and minimize business risk.
· Lead and manage all relevant change controls related to CMOs.
· Ensures compliance to all company policies and government laws.
· Creating a highly performing CMO governance team to achieve business objectives.
· Ensuring the supply of Product to Client patients; meeting all quality, time and cost objectives.
· Successfully building collaborative relationships with other functions including R&D and across Supply to become a credible and valued business partner driving improved performance across the product lifecycle.
· Delivering strong results from my clients CMOSs in the areas of innovation, risk mitigation/reduction, total cost reduction and other value delivery areas.
· BA/BS in Life Sciences, Business, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or other related fields.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of combined experience within the pharmaceutical industry in the areas of manufacturing, direct material sourcing, quality, logistics, alliance or external manufacturing management or similar technical functions.
· Minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated successful experience directly managing pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and packaging organizations.
· Professional certifications strongly desired in Lean Sigma, Project Management or related areas.
· Strongly developed supplier relationship skills with demonstrated delivery of increased value to your organization.
· Able to identify and deliver transformational opportunities successfully.
· Extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, negotiations and contracting skills.