Leading Defense & Aerospace Organization Seeking Lead Materials and Process Engineer
- Greater Los Angeles Area
- Competitive compensation + high growth potential + 401k matching
A leading Defense & Aerospace organization, in the Greater Los Angeles area, is seeking a hands-on Material and Process Engineer to spearhead its composite development team.
This organization is developing some of the most cutting-edge technology within the field of composite fabrication, foams, honeycomb structures and bonding. If placed, this individual should have the ability (and experience) to oversee technical activities of new and existing projects, support new business development, document processes and procedures, and ensure technical excellence.
- Carry out experiments to enhance the company's technological understanding of material performance
- Conduct analysis to solve problems and reduce product bond assembly costs
- Review test data and undertake post-testing activities including design allowable calculations, equivalency determinations, and failure mode analysis
- Write and review Material and Process specifications
- Participate in the development of new products
- Ability to solve practical M&P problems
- Perform failure analysis
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Masters degree in technical and business field is a plus)*
- Minimum 4 years of full-time professional experience in Material and Process engineering
- Must have experience with Composites
- Must possess excellent communication (Technical, Oral, Written)
- Must possess excellent technical judgment with ability to set logical action plans for design challenges and technical problem resolutions
- Background in material science & chemistry is a plus*
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma is a plus*
If interested, APPLY NOW !