Job Title: Power Electronics Engineer
Job Location: Syracuse, NY with HYBRID flexibility (3 days on-site, 2 days remote)
A fast-paced, high-energy electronics manufacturer is seeking talented engineers to assist in the launch of new sustainable products to market. This organization is seeking to develop new technologies in electric motors, power electronics and smart connected devices that reduce energy of flow machines (pumps, fans, compressors) as much as 50%.
As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the engineering, design and validation of new cutting-edge motor-drive topologies. Additionally, you will be a part of the founding team of this new EMD Initiative with opportunities to grow into key leadership positions.
- Perform system level design and integration of power electronic circuits
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot control systems for power electronic products
- Lead PCB (gate driver, gate drive power supply, etc.) design review and test
- Evaluate and debug circuit design
- Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms
- Create simulation models using MATLAB/Simulink/PSIM/PLECS
- Write firmware and software
- Travel < 20%
- MS degree (PhD preferred), in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years in power electronics engineering, preference with motor-drive experience
- Experience with advance topologies and design of power electronics circuits (VFDs)
- Strong hands-on hardware and software development with C/C++
- Experience of FPGAs and programming in VHDL as applied to power electronics
- PCB design using Altium & Hyperlynx
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
This position is able to offer a competitive compensation package and relocation assistance.