*The role is Hybrid is 3 days in the office, 2 days remote*
This leading global pharmaceutical company develops, manufactures, and markets a differentiated product portfolio across multiple high-growth therapeutic areas including Gastroenterology, Generics, Neurology, Ortho dermatologists, Medical Aesthetics, and Dentistry. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, our products are used by over 150 million people around the world.
The Procurement Clinical R&D and Professional Services Category Lead will report to the global Director of Commercial Procurement and support the development of global category strategies and sourcing activities across R&D, Clinical, and Professional Services, predominantly in North America.
- Responsible for managing sourcing and procurement activities for Indirect categories of Research & Development and Professional Services. Spend in the scope of $200MM+ with a Team of 2 Procurement Professionals.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of sourcing and procurement activities in support of major initiatives including stakeholder requirement analysis, identification of bidders list, RFP/RFQ development, conducting competitive bid events, supplier selection, negotiation, contracting, risk mitigation, supply/service continuity, and supplier performance.
- Owns process and partnership with internal cross-functional teams to ensure contracts are reviewed, negotiated, and routed for approval in an efficient manner.
- Manage a team of 2 Procurement professionals in the completion of daily responsibilities, projects, coaching, escalation with suppliers, strategy setting, and sign-off.
- Develop/negotiate large complex agreements. Work with the business stakeholders and buyers to identify and manage sourcing opportunities. Provide stakeholders with procurement guidance on company procedures. Collaborate with all functions on effectively managing the supply base to ensure a high level of performance and strong customer service
- Responsible for delivering team cost savings targets through the competitive bidding process and effective negotiation of supply and service agreements.
- Act as Business Partner with Business Leaders to create thorough business requirements and incorporate them into sourcing strategies and resulting agreements. Persuade internal clients to engage Procurement as a strategic versus tactical partner while communicating Procurement value. Work cross-functionally across outside teams through all phases of the procurement process. Maintain a high level of communication across the organization.
- Use Procurement Systems to report the Performance of the Team and monitor spend in scope.
- Communicate Results to Top Management: Business and Procurement.
- Participate in Procurement Transformation to become a Strategic Partner to the business with some green field projects to deliver large savings and develop the skills of the procurement team.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of sourcing and procurement experience with 2 years supporting R&D and Clinical procurement.
- Experience with Professional Services categories (e.g. consulting, financial services, legal services, etc.) a plus.
- Must have experience in Indirect sourcing and contracting.
- Proven experience in RFI/RFP/RFQ development, evaluation, negotiations, execution, and contract review/redline.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing procurement strategies that comprehend and contribute to overall business objectives is a must.
- Candidate must have applied experience in the understanding of legal issues, contractual principles, and negotiation techniques used in the development of complex contractual agreements. Candidate must have the ability to actively participate on regional multi-functional teams, a proven capability in workload management, exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal skills, problem-solving skills, and significant experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with e-procurement tools is a plus.
- Experience in managing a team of Buyers is preferred but not mandatory.
- We look forward to working with a seasoned senior professional with strong leadership skills to develop into a management role. Bachelor's degree required. MS/MBA/CPM/CPSM a plus.