I am currently partnered with a leading consumer goods company near Dayton, OH who is looking for a Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer to join their new engineering team!
The role of the Manufacturing Engineer involves providing advanced line support to maintain production performance, managing site capital projects, and contributing to major engineering initiatives and new product development. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a primarily hands-on role on the plant floor, with about 80% of your time dedicated to being in a manufacturing environment.
The Mechanical Engineer collaborates closely with various teams, including shop operators, maintenance technicians, Division support services, and Plant and Corporate Leadership.
- Demonstrate safety leadership at the site.
- Provide reliability, technical, and engineering support to maintenance and production employees, implementing sustainable solutions to meet safety, quality, and production goals.
- Develop and enforce engineering policies, including predictive/preventive engineering standards and procedures.
- Project Management
- Establish and execute a reliability program, tracking KPIs and reporting on equipment and system performance.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement long-term solutions to prevent recurring issues, managing KPIs such as run hours, MTBF, and repair costs.
- Focus on equipment and system upgrades to enhance safety, quality, cost-effectiveness, and productivity.
- Manage end-to-end project activities, from development to closure, including justification, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and training.
- Provide discipline support to cross-functional teams.
- Oversee new product initiatives/introductions
- Offer leadership and mentorship to team members
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (REQUIRED)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment and maintenance process management.
- Experience with CMMS implementation and execution.