A leader in the packaging and labeling industry is seeking and experienced Lean Champion with a strong Quality Engineering background to join their team in Bowling Green, KY. The Operational Excellence & Quality Manager will lead continuous improvement initiatives throughout the site using Lean manufacturing methodology. The Operational Excellence and Quality Manager will perform quality audits and improvements to ensure products meet the needs of the customer. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Continuous Improvement with a dotted line to the Vice President of Quality.
- Lead all site based continuous improvement efforts through the use of LEAN tools (Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, TPM, Visual Management, etc)
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Lead Quality Improvement initiatives and establish defined Quality Management system
- Reviews and standardizes control plans, closed loop corrective action systems and quality management systems in all plants.
- Drive daily adherence to the Quality Management System
- Serve as lean subject matter expert - continuous improvement leader for the facility
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, manufacturing technology or Business Administration
- Minimum of 10 years in leadership role in one or more of the areas of quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or lean deployment, with minimum of 5 years in multisite quality leadership and 2 years in position responsible for lean transformation.
- Experience in being a change agent leading complex transformational activities.
- Personal experience in leading more than 25 Kaizen events
- Certified Lean (lean certification such as TBM, Shinghijutsu, Danaher etc.
- Must be fully authorized to work in the US without sponsorship