Operations Manager required for Aerospace Company
- Manager Level
- Windsor, Connecticut
One of the nation's premier Aerospace manufacturers is looking for a Operations Manager lead their rapidly expanding team!
The Operations Manager will lead all aspects of day to day production activities of the site to meet company and customer expectations. The Operations Manager will also champion Lean Manufacturing initiatives to increase overall manufacturing efficiency's at the lowest possible cost.
The Operations Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a leader through all levels of the plant. Work eagerly to foster an environment of trust, open communication and ownership.
- Direct and develop a team responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency.
- Track daily performance and verify countermeasures/recovery plans in place for missed targets.
- Review, evaluate and implement engineering changes and specification requirements.
- Understand the technical nature of the products that are manufactured at the site and provide help if it is required.
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Masters preferred
- 5+ years experience of operations or manufacturing experience (preferably within the aerospace industry; with 3 years of experience managing people.
- Extensive Background in Aerospace Industry, OEM experience preferred.
- Strong Leadership and communication skills
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification highly preferred.