DSJ Global is currently partnered with a Global leading Chemicals company! This company is looking for a strong Operations Manager to join their team at their plant near Macon, Georgia.
As the Operations Manager, you will be acting as a leader and managing the production, maintenance and warehouse teams at the plant. This role would be adhering to the compliance of safety and regulatory standards and ensuring all plant operations meet expected expenses.
This role will report directly to the Head of Plant Operations.
- Act as a manger and coach to the team and employees
- Ensuring adherence to internal processes and procedures
- Coordinate Production and Shipping/ Receiving schedules with the Supply Chain team to ensure customer orders are met on time and with quality
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes within the plant
- Identify quality issues and conduct root cause analysis
- Develop and track KPIS for Plant Operations
- Ensure that manufacturing systems are following ISO Certifications
- Hire and provide training for employees and manage personnel issues relating to attendance, vacation scheduling, and disciplinary action
- Bachelor's in engineering- Preferably Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical
- Leadership experience and skills in operations, plant management (at least 3-5 years+)
- Chemical manufacturing plant experience in different roles from engineering, quality, manufacturing etc.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing/ Continuous Improvement exposure
- PSM knowledge in chemical plant operations