Title: Process Engineer I or II
Location: Morristown, TN
DSJ Global is currently partner with a Chemical Manufacturing company who is looking to add a Process Engineer I or II to their team. This person will be responsible for independently identifying waste, troubleshooting complex manufacturing problems, standardizing and error-proofing work for operation and, improving process efficiency. This role is also responsible for ensuring that products and processes meet or exceed defined expectations through support of the commercialization process of new or modified products and equipment validations.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provides leadership and technical direction to ensure process designs conform to sanitary standards and have the capability to produce products that meet both customer and business requirements.
- Ensures the use of proven methodologies (statistical based analysis) to ensure that products and processes are created and utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Supports commercialization trials.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities for process efficiency, continuous improvement, associate development, and cost savings; completes said projects while reducing costs by streamlining processes and implementation of efficient systems. Identifies root cause to manufacturing issues. Reverse engineers machine components to improve functionality and reliability.
- Provides technical expertise with regards to mechanical design of components, equipment, and processes through the utilization of engineering principles: commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company's RRITE Values of Renew, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Associates have a direct and important role in ensuring that all work is performed in a safe manner. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of each associate's essential accountabilities.
- Contribute to a cooperative working effort by demonstrating a willingness to perform other job-related work, as needed, or requested.
The Process Engineer should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a relevant scientific based degree plus 3 years of direct process support engineering experience or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Understanding and application of statistical based data to identify and definitively prove benefit for current and future state
- Experience implementing lean practices; six sigma certification preferred
- Demonstrated track record of meeting multiple objectives, team building skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience with automated packaging equipment and sanitary processing (food, liquids, cosmetic or medical) and experience in machine installs, checkouts and acceptance testing preferred
If this sounds like you, apply in today!