A Fortune 100 Company in Illinois is looking for a new member of their team who is ready to build their own career while simultaneously adding a fresh perspective to this industrial leading company. This Hybrid position is perfect for someone who is looking to learn and grow within a company while also being offered the opportunity to take the reins in handling and addressing the overarching problem of consistent improvement with a company that is well-established and respected from a global standpoint.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for….
- Supply Chain Process from start to finish - implementing strategies to support quality and cost objectives while ensuring that the total cost of purchased services and materials have both considerable value and minimized risk
- Work directly with category managers on both contract maintenance and purchase orders
- Investigate and resolve day to day disputes regarding [including but not limited to] invoices, contracts, purchase orders, deliveries, shipping, quality and receiving.
- Manage supplier relationships by monitoring the processes regarding performance oversight and the development of supplier performance metrics and systems.
- Manage and support changes regarding all aspects of purchase orders, customer requirements, communication with vendors, engineering specifications, category IDs, contracts, and business unit disputes
The Senior Buyer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Science, or a related field
- 2 years relevant experience
- Good PC and computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Passport, Hyperion)
- Good analytical skills
- Working knowledge of the Inventory, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable modules of Passport (Purchasing, Contracts, and Action Tracking); and eSourcing tool.
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Work From Home
If this exciting opportunity intrigues you, we would love the opportunity to connect! Give a call to 312-264-0589 and apply today :)