Product Test Lab Supervisor Needed for A Multi-national Industry Leader
Greater Philadelphia, PA
This cutting-edge Materials Manufacturing company is looking to bring a talented Product Test Lab Supervisor onto their growing team. This Supervisor will have the opportunity to create and execute strategic and tactical operational plans, all while having high visibility to senior leadership.
The Product Test Lab Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Managing the Product Test Labs and assigned staff, to ensure that effective testing methods are selected, or new methods are developed, and used to meet customer and industry test requirements safely, and with good quality technical documentation.
- Collaborate and contribute to new product development (NPD) from concept to validation and test, to launch and final release. Directly engage in the NPD process as a technical consultant for the product under development, and plan, develop, and execute the product validation testing activity.
- Ensures that the Product Test Lab compliance to ISO 17025 and/or other applicable external accrediting Laboratory Standards.
- Manages the Product Test Lab equipment in terms of its operational readiness, calibration, safety, preventative maintenance and rate of utilization, complete with documentation and process plans to ensure the equipment is well maintained.
The Product Test Lab Supervisor will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, etc.)
- Knowledge of GTC or competitive high-performance seal and component product lines is a plus
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical circuitry, hydraulic diagrams, and experience with PLC's and motion controllers. LabView and/or Able to use measurement tools like micrometers and comparators
- 2-5 years' experience in an engineering capacity, including product design and application, testing, development, R&D, materials, and standards.
- Preferred 2 years of supervision or management experience. Must be familiar with GTC products, designs, and materials, manufacturing processes, corporate structure and markets