Provide direct supervision to hourly employees in the manufacturing of food products; ensure the safe operations of daily activities while meeting established production schedules. Effectively communicate production goals and objectives to achieve results; and maintain a high standard of product quality while maximizing plant efficiencies in support of continuous improvement.
Specific responsibilities include and may not be limited to:
- Support positive employee relations in all aspects of interaction with employees including valuing differences monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures and ensuring all policies are administered consistently and equitably across all employees
- Provide proper training for plant employees on HACCP/SSOP, GMP, equipment and plant safety requirements and job specific training to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures. Address infractions and participate in the union grievance process as necessary.
- Responsible for replacement employee job training, workstation assignments/rotations including back up for absent employees and overtime assignment.
- Perform essential recordkeeping and timekeeping functions for department personnel using NovaTime system. Monitor employee attendance and absenteeism, holding employees accountable as necessary
- Build awareness with all employees around our customers to elevate understanding around who they are why they matter
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, changeovers and sanitation. Establish staffing levels including turnover and needs relating to product volumes.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings to review safety concerns and performance along with plant performance compared to expectations.
Individual will be accountable for the following:
- Compliance of Programs.
- Production quantity and quality results.
- Maintaining communication proven when it is relied upon most- during critical points in a process.
- Results of Quality Audits.
- Reducing Customer complaints while increasing first pass quality.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years in meat production environment experience preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Must possess excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Should be goal oriented, confident, outgoing, and able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate effective initiative
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus