- Location: Franklin, TN
- Level: Director
- Working Situation: Onsite
Our heavy machinery industry client is looking for a new Purchasing Director to manage the purchasing department to include ensuring raw materials, MRO, and services are procured at the best value. While also providing objectives, coaching, and guidance to the team. The Purchasing Director will report directly to the COO.
Overall, the ideal candidate will have heavy construction experience and be able to lead a team and be well versed in the industry, focusing on forecasting and material control, while working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Forming and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Manage purchasing department to include providing objectives, coaching, and guidance to the team. Achieve results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching and counseling employees.
- Establish goals and work processes which minimize costs while increasing efficiencies. Reevaluate and improve such processes as necessary. Communicate improvement recommendations to leadership for discussion and possible implementation.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
The Director will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of Purchasing in heavy machinery manufacturing
- 5+ years of management
- Trend analysis and execution for positive impact
- Deep understanding of ERP systems
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Great company culture
- Room for growth