Quality Assurance Manager needed for leading Food manufacturing company
- Greater St. George Utah Area
- Management Level
One of the nation's premier food and beverage manufacturing firms is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to help lead the Quality function onsite.
This Manager will ensure compliance with FDA, and all food safety regulations. The candidate will report directly to the VP of Quality and Food Safety and will play a critical role in leveraging their strong HACCP, SQF background to support auditing and food safety initiatives. As one of the prominent beverage manufacturers, this company is looking for a motivated individual targeting a growth opportunity, and the chance to learn in a quickly expanding environment!
The Quality Assurance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance will all relevant industry standards: FDA, ISO
- Devise solutions to fix and augment existing issues
- Check on company infrastructure, materials, and production to confirm qualifications are up to standard
- Verify that procedures and materials meet safety requirements
- Verify compliance of all products with industry and company standards
- Ensure compliance with FDA, HACCP, and SQF environment regulations
- Develop process improvement initiatives to implement
- Conducts audits where CAPA initiatives are necessary
- Maintain industry standards: HACCP, FDA, cGMP, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Degree in Food Science or a related field
- Food / Beverage manufacturing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Six Sigma and 5s Experience
- HACCP / SQF / PCQI Certification preferred
- GMP and cGMP knowledge
- USDA, GFSI Audit, and RTE knowledge preferred