Quality Assurance Supervisor- for a leading Food and Beverage Company
- Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Springfield, MO
A leading Food and Beverage company is seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Quality experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Assurance Supervisor - Will lend supervision, support and oversight to daily activities associated with the Quality Assurance and Laboratory Departments of the plant. This position is responsible to evaluate and to maintain the food safety, quality standards and systems as set forth by the customer and by the company, regarding the manufacturing of products. This position maintains training of employee's, helps ensure adherence to company performance goals and objectives, organizes and assigns the daily work as needed. This position assists in the technical evaluation of all manufactured products.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor- should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's degree of Science in Food Science, Biology or a related field with a background in Microbiology and Chemistry preferred.
- 2 to 5 years supervisory experience in a food plant environment.
- 2 to 5 years of quality management related experience in a food plant environment.
- Previous compliance experience with outside regulatory agencies dealing with plant food, plant quality and plant environmental systems, along with customer audits
The Quality Assurance Supervisor- will:
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates testing procedures and operations requiring a broad knowledge of statistical process control factors, quality processes, product and material specifications, and production applications that meets quality, quantity, schedule, and cost requirements.
- Organizes and assigns work to utilize available skills, knowledge and experience, labor hours, lab and testing equipment to the best advantages to obtain most favorable inspection costs, consistent application, and production output.
- Provides regular training, instruction, and guidance and maintains close surveillance over testing and inspection procedures to ensure the success of technicians involved in the regular inspection of finished parts, products, or raw materials.
- Analyzes and diagnoses parts, processes, and equipment problems to expedite corrective action. Develops and implements action to prevent recurrences and interruption of production processes.
- Coordinates Quality Assurance inspection activities, as they may be related to work in progress. Integrates required revisions to testing procedures for products or processes as necessary.
- Must follow all GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all Corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements along with other duties as assigned