Regional Category Manager - Capex
A Global, Multi-national Chemical company are currently looking for Regional Category Manager - Capex to join their market leading team in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment to be based in Barcelona, Spain.
The company are a leader in the industry, boasting a world-wide scope and an outstanding reputation to match. They have enjoyed significant growth in the past year, because of this they are currently searching for exceptional talent worldwide to fit into their industry-leading organisation. As a result of these conditions, now is certainly a fantastic time to join an established, prospering company within an exciting and stable environment. If you are an ambitious and motivated professional with an exceptional track record in Capex procurement, then do not hesitate to apply.
As a Regional Category Manager, you would be responsible for the Iberia region. The successful applicant will have strong experience in sourcing Capex equipment, such as machinery and production lines and is a fluent speaker in Spanish and English
- Collaborate with all required disciplines (product management, engineering, operations, supply chain, technology and finance) to provide the most favourable pricing, quality, de- livery, and relationship management (vendor) to meet company goals and objectives.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Partner with plant leadership for the development and execution of Capex sourcing strategies and to support negotiations and contracting for capital projects and site services.
- Manage supply base and supplier relationships for the assigned region
- Act as liaison between requisitioners and vendors, receiving and vendors, and Quality Assurance and vendors. Work closely with vendors to ensure accurate and on-time delivery, managing the details of day-to-day business.
- Manage European plant procurement team.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Minimum 3 years (prefer 5+) years professional experience in the industry, and 5+ years procurement experience purchasing Capex, Opex, MRO and indirect goods on international procurement markets.
▪ Established background in procurement and knowledge of Capex, MRO and logistics processes.
▪ Successful supplier negotiations and contracts/long-term agreement execution experience.
▪ Must be a TAKE CHARGE person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
▪ Very good Spanish and English knowledge (Min C1)
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
- Quick progression opportunities
- World-class facilities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 837