A global billion dollar, fortune 500 chemical manufacturing company is currently seeking a driven, and motivated individual to manage multi-site transportation operations, which encompasses private fleet, and carrier management This is a strategic + operational role that also manages the safe, timely, efficient, and accurate transportation of products to our clients, made able through planning and a continuous system of monitoring fleet performance, equipment condition and performance, and business volume, whole effectively managing a forever changing environment.
- Monitor fleet performance using different methods including onboard computer, reports, and other features.
- Maintain P&L Budget
- Review driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and strict adherence to policy and DOT regulations. Appropriately address any issues identified.
- Negotiation of rates with carriers
- Hire, train, direct, coach and discipline transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets
- Plan and schedule assignment of work for transportation personnel.
- Monitor trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel costs, and fuel economy.
- Keep positive attitude throughout entire fleet through coaching, employee relations, and department meetings.
- Cross collaborate with other Supply Chain teams
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 + years Transportation Experience
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office Suite; SAP a plus
- Broad understanding of computer systems, routing, and DOT regulations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present them in a technical environment.