Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Whippany, NJ
This company is a leading global designer and manufacturer of high-performance lifting and pulling devices for military and civilian aircraft, including rescue hoists, winches, and cargo hooks. Rescue crews trust their lives with these products, and we take that responsibility seriously. The work we do benefits the greater good, and we are a global leader because we keep the best on board.
The Electrical Engineer will serve the roles of technical engineering of new product, subject matter expertise, and to an extent project management. The Electrical Engineer will report to the Chief Engineer and support with global and detailed level design, technical analysis, and resolution of engineering problems.
- Designs and implements an embedded Processor Control Platform
- Assists other engineers and designers
- Provides direction and coordination of electrical design for large projects.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited school
- Possesses superior engineering skills
- Must have knowledge of aerospace electrical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices
- Relevant experience with the development of aerospace actuators and sensors
- Experience with analog based motion controls and processor-based motion controls.
- Experienced in electrical engineering development and systems engineering activities in support of military or commercial marketplaces.