Summary of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
An innovative chemical manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join its dynamic team! As a leader in the chemical industry, they are dedicated to excellence in quality, safety, and innovation. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and reliability of the plant. Overseeing preventative and predictive maintenance programs is another duty the Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with. If you have a strong background in electrical engineering, reliability, and instrumentation, feel free to apply!
Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to hourly Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians to ensure the safe and reliable operation of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Oversee preventative maintenance activities for Electrical and Instrumentation equipment and controls, including scheduling and execution.
- Support electrical capital projects from the design phase through to startup, ensuring that they meet safety, reliability, and performance standards.
- Lead troubleshooting and programming efforts related to electrical and instrumentation equipment performance to optimize system functionality.
- Actively participate in plant safety programs, maintain a deep understanding of Process Safety Management, and ensure compliance with OSHA requirements.
Qualifications of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an electrical engineer, specializing in reliability, instrumentation, and controls.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing plant is preferred, with a strong understanding of the unique challenges and safety requirements in this industry.
- Proficiency in working with low, medium, and high-voltage electrical systems.
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) is a significant advantage.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 70E, and ISA standards.