Job Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Orange County, CA
Our client is a defense technology company that is striving to transform the U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. This leader in defense is combining expertise, technology, and innovation to change how military systems are designed, built, and sold.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for developing firmware that spans across the entire fleet of robots on land, air, and sea. The right person for this role has experience in both consumer electronics and defense technology development environments and is looking to leverage their passion for firmware and low-level development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop microcontroller software using an RTOS
- Develop firmware build, release, and update infrastructure
- Develop reusable device drivers and communications protocol libraries
- Create robotics control systems
- Assist with part selection, board design, and product design efforts
- Support device manufacturing efforts and operational robotics deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc., or equivalent experience
- Background in low-level firmware architecture, design and development in C
- Broad experience with microcontrollers, application processors, revision control systems
- Familiarity with common bus protocols such as USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, RS23, RS485, etc.
- Application experience in areas such as robotics, automation, motor control, and sensor fusion
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data