Description - Omniva
If you love being at the forefront of industry growth and development, developing and executing processes in a highly ambiguous environment, identifying information gaps and collaboration needs, and driving business strategy, then this is the spot for you. We are a startup in stealth mode and we are seeking a talented Senior Immersion Cooling Engineer to join our team. This is a high impact role offers an opportunity to drive and influence business-critical decisions impacting the long-term future of the business.
The Senior Immersion Engineer will be a thought leader in inventing the next generation immersion cooling solution. S/he will lead the research, development, and deployment of immersion cooling data center solutions. The Senior Immersion Engineer brings a strong understanding and hands-on experience working with various fluid solutions and applies his/her expertise to design the next-generation cooling innovation.
In this role, the Senior Immersion Cooling engineer will leverage deep application knowledge of two phase immersion cooling and apply scientific, engineering, and mathematical concepts to determine the critical mechanical and electrical equipment needs for immersion cooled data centers and understands the constructability of varying designs. This role is responsible for coordination and final presentation of full estimates on large and complex immersion projects and will interact with varying departments within the organization as well as external vendors and business partners.
- 5+ years of hands-on lab experience with fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- 4+ years of experience in testing and working with hydrofluoroethers (HFEs) perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and/or fluoroketones (FKs)
- 4+ years of research and application experience with two phase immersion cooling
- Deep knowledge of immersion cooling fluid properties, fluid compatibility, reliability and failure mechanisms
- Deep knowledge of immersion cooling tank systems and functions
- Working knowledge of analytical chemistry methods and electrochemical interactions
- Experience successfully developing solutions for and deploying low global warming (GWP) immersion cooling fluids
- Experience with two phase immersion cooling lab development and management
- Working knowledge of immersion cooling-based data center systems
- Evidence of being a thought leader and a hands-on engineer in the design, invention and progression of immersion cooling technology solutions that go to mass production
- Engineering experience that supports the design and production of mechanical systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects under tight deadlines
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Familiar with emerging markets and productization of new systems and solutions
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- Educational discipline in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering a plus