An industry leader in the Aerospace Interiors space is searching for a Sr Mechanical Engineer to join their team. This company holds 80% of the market share within their sector and offers a unique experience as an OEM and supplier. The ideal candidate would be someone with growth prospects as they would like to quickly rise this person through the company hierarchy.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
*Relocation assistance available*
The Sr Mechanical Engineer is responsible to support the Engineering department through mechanical or electrical engineering of assemblies, components, and test equipment. They will coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside sales representatives to ensure compliance with the regulations and customer requirements.
As a Sr Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creates new designs and modifies existing products based on specifications coordinated with engineering, customers, and/or the sales department.
- Functions as the technical point of contact for national (commercial/government) and international customers
- Provides engineering design support to generate preliminary design concepts, associated technical descriptions, nonrecurring/recurring cost estimates, and task scheduling for program proposals
- Interpret, select, and apply commercial/military specifications and customer requirements to hardware and processes to accomplish specific design requirements
- Supply hands-on engineering support for component fabrication and assembly of prototype, testing, and production hardware to resolve design, manufacturing, assembly, quality, and performance issues
- Advise engineering of any problems that arise during execution of design that might impair schedules or technical quality of end item.
- Review issues pertinent to product function, safety and integrity.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or electrical engineering (as applicable) from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience from Aerospace, Automotive, or Machinery industries
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and ANSI Y14.5 Drafting Standards
- Familiarity with sheet metal, injection molded, and machined parts