Senior Sourcing Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Location: Miami, FL
Our client, a premier and global biopharmaceutical organization, is looking to fill a newly created role as a Senior Sourcing Manager to implement strategic sourcing processes and initiatives for best practices in terms of cost reduction and managing supplier management compliance.
The Senior Sourcing Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry will be working with executive management and functional stakeholders to identify best in class category practices, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, and stakeholder relationship management. This role will report directly into the executive head of the department, giving this individual high C suite visibility and involvement.
The Senior Sourcing Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry will:
- Drive organizational value (quality, cost, delivery) through cross-functional collaboration for assigned categories including indirect and direct commodities
- Develop a category strategy for each assigned category that incorporates customer requirements, market conditions, sourcing strategy, business risk, and supplier capabilities - owning the sourcing process "end-to-end"
- Partner as a trusted advisor on a continuous basis with internal customers to understand evolving business objectives, expectations and specific requirements
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practices, market conditions, trends, sources of supply and supplier capabilities for assigned categories
- Lead sourcing negotiations with all levels of supplier contacts to mitigate risk (quality, cost, delivery) through contract management best practices
The Senior Sourcing Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a strategic sourcing role
- High preference for pharmaceutical industry experience
- High preference for previous leadership experience