A global provider of equipment and services for the electric power industry, seeks an experienced sourcing and supply chain professional to fill a key role in the Sourcing Department.
Our Sourcing Manager will also have be responsbile for finding, qualifing and developing suppliers with a long-term global view. This person will be responsible for ensuring that aggressive cost reduction targets and supplier performance goals are met through longer-term agreements or contracts.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Assess new and current suppliers for business fit, financial stability and ensure that they will provide best overall value
- Develop and implement a 3-5 year global sourcing strategy through the Category Management process for each of the categories/commodities based on industry, market trends and other conditions
- Lead supplier evaluations, communicate the results to the supplier as well as the S&C team members, and ensure that suppliers have adequate corrective actions to the evaluation findings
- Manage and utilize the Supplier Quarterly Business Review (SBQR) to advocate and monitor supplier improvement and development plans
- Develop long-term project plans to increase the number of qualified suppliers on the S&C Approved Supplier Matrix.
- Identify key supply chain risks, develop mitigation plans, and execute those plans
The Sourcing Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Work experience demonstrating conceiving and implementing strategic sourcing initiatives along with having measurable success
- BS in Business or technical discipline with MBA preferred
- Comfortable measuring risk mitigation
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for industrial products and components
- Ability to be based in Chicago with international travel up to 35% of the time
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness package
- 401(k) with company matching
- Annual pay increases with opportunity to advance
If interested in the Sourcing Manager role, please apply today.