Supplier Quality Engineer- for a leading Technology Company
- Supplier Quality Engineer
A leading Technology company is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Supplier Quality or Industrial engineering experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Supplier Quality Engineer - is involved throughout the entire product lifecycle -- from new product introduction to production ramp to mass production and product end of life. The SQE will interact with both internal teams (i.e. engineering and supply chain team) and external manufacturing partners. The SQE will be able to transfer manufacturing and quality learnings from our supplier to our customer and support teams, as well as provide feedback from markets to supplier for continuous improvements
The Supplier Quality Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- BS/BA degree, or 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
- Excellent data analysis, statistics, documentation, communication, project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Self-starter able to define engineering tasks to meet project objectives and ability to quickly learn new processes with limited information provided
The Supplier Quality Engineer - will:
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes.
- Establish validation procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds and mass production.
- Develop and implement quality inspection tools including audit procedures
- Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring methods where appropriate.
- Drive process development and capability assessment activities, reviewing part design documentation to ensure alignment with process capability.
- Assess supplier readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Asses in-field failures and define root cause analysis and drive corrective actions