This role is with a global market leading chemical manufacturer with a 35, 000 employee organisation with revenues in excess of €11 billion. With a recent boost in business, they're searching for several Technical Site Buyers to join their purchasing function, based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
As a Technical Buyer you will drive and support the procurement of all materials and services for this specific site. You are committed to further professionalise the procurement processes and organisation and you are responsible for determining mid and long-term strategies in consultation with your stakeholders and colleagues.
- You work closely with local and regional stakeholders and act as a strong link between the site and the external supply base. You identify the needs and opportunities to reduce cost and improve procurement processes at the site
- You manage local as well as multi-site negotiations and contracts in collaboration with your other Site Buyer colleagues. You align category strategies to secure supply and optimise total cost of ownership
- You collaborate with category managers and drive implementation of supplier agreements at the site working closely with your stakeholders
- You lead multiple local CapEx Projects in close alignment with the Capex Procurement Manager in accordance with the category strategies
- You secure the deliveries of material and services to the sites, offices and labs in accordance with supplier contracts and agreements
- You actively work on risk assessment and mitigation to improve supply reliability in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and be their main point of contact for the site
- 3+ years of relevant purchasing experience
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office and Business Intelligence applications
- You are strategically strong, and you are a driving force who brings experience with you to set up the purchasing organisation professionally
- Team player: you are in close contact with your stakeholders. You have a positive attitude and can take people along and convince them of your ideas
- Excellent social skills, you are not afraid to voice your opinion which helps you to bring change and improvement. You are good at dealing with resistance and you are a good discussion partner to all layers within the organisation and to external parties
- Proficiency in the Dutch and English language, spoken and written