We have an exciting new role with a leading manufacturing company that is searching for an experienced and highly qualified professional to oversee and manage its international trade compliance efforts. The individual in this role will work closely with various departments within the company to ensure adherence to all laws and regulations set forth by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and other relevant Partner Government Agencies such as the Department of Commerce.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or military background or a 5+ years of experience in trade compliance
- Licensed Customs Broker is highly preferred
- Providing expert guidance on international trade compliance matters, including the classification of imports under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States, appraisement of imported merchandise, determining country of origin, and evaluating eligibility for Free Trade Agreements and Special Trade Programs.
- Maintaining the company's database of classifications under the HTSUS and responding to inquiries from CBP and other PGAs.
- Monitoring shipments for compliance issues and assisting logistics and procurement teams as necessary.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant statutes and regulations.
- Staying up-to-date on developing issues in international trade compliance.
- Communicating with outside counsel on trade compliance matters.
- Generous PTO
- Health Insurance
If you believe that you have the skills and qualifications to take on this role, we would love to hear from you! Apply now and join their dynamic and innovative team!