Sr. Planner Required for a Leading Biotech Company:
- Associate Level
- Based in Greater San Diego Area
This position is with one of the leading life science companies that focuses on providing the highest quality products, support, and services by advancing discovery and accelerating the time it takes to conduct research. This research and these products cover a wide array of areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology so a strong background working in a manufacturing environment within the related fields or similar biotech environment is paramount.
They are looking for a Sr. Planner position to assist with production planning and scheduling to ensure that all products are distributed to customers on time, and at the highest quality. Strong problem-solving background is required, and ideally paired with superior communication and computer skills.
Responsibilities for the Senior Planner:
- Use the ERP system to create production orders and monitor inventory level to ensure inventory is in stock and in line with the demand forecast.
- Responsible for the execution of the production schedule/production plan, using the demand forecast and sales information.
- Document all processes by creating and maintain the necessary SOPs, Checklists, and Forms.
- Optimize Material flow and inventory levels by minimizing scrap.
Job Qualifications for the Senior Planner:
- Bachelors in biological sciences, supply chain, business administration or another related field.
- 4+ years' experience doing Production Planning in a relevant environment
- Strong Computer Skills ideally with ISO 90001 or ISO 13485 Required.
- Prior Planning experience in a manufacturing environment associated with reagents, kits for research, antibodies, or tissue culture Required.
- Familiarity working in a high SKU environment.