Job Title: Vehicle Controls Engineer II
Location: Bay Area (Livermore, CA)
The Vehicle Controls Engineer II will be responsible for the development of the body controller algorithms for all of the vehicles including the first in class zero emission bus.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop customized algorithms for various components and sub-systems on the bus
- Develop functional requirements for the body controller, communication interfaces, diagnostics and fault detection for new vehicles
- Hands-on troubleshooting, testing, and data collecting to solve complex issues and bring up the prototype buses
- Work with Validation team to develop test plans to ensure the design meet the program requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 3 years of progressive engineering experience in vehicle controls development
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot automotive electrical systems
- Comfortable working around low voltage and high voltage systems
- Ladder logic controls such as Allen-Bradley or Siemens PLC
- Software development using C/C++ or model development
- Manufacturing processes and environment
- 8D, five whys, and fishbone process to diagnose complex issues
- Low voltage components such as circuit breakers, relays, and wiring, etc.
- High voltage components such as DCDC, motor and inverter, Li battery, and high-power charger, etc.
Family-owned, competitive compensation, 100% company paid premiums for health, dental, vision!