SENIOR AUTOMATION ENGINEER
We are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to contribute to a global and industry leading life sciences team based in the greater Philadelphia area.
The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership in support of site execution systems and network infrastructure. They will also play in a key role in designing, configuring, testing, and maintaining all site MES elements including electronic batch records, master data, system configuration, and network/systems interfaces (OPC, middleware, webservices, etc.)
A good understand of Emerson Syncade and/or systems such as DeltaV (DCS), Allen Bradley PLC, VFD, HMI, is necessary to succeed in this position.
- Lead technical delivery of manufacturing execution system modifications and installations in support of continuous improvement and capital projects.
- As needed, perform cost/benefit analysis, develop resource plan, track implementation and adherence to schedule, and communicate project status to non technical stakeholders.
- Directly support site manufacturing execution systems by troubleshooting and diagnosing issues; generate recommendations and then develop/execute solutions to correct and resolve.
- Support the maintenance, troubleshooting, security and upkeep of the operational technology environment through administration of systems (servers & hosts), networks, databases, integrations, and accounts. Examples include, but are not limited to, system and security patching, connectivity restoration, cyber security actions, and end user account support.
- Provide off-hours manufacturing support as part of an on-call rotation and provide subject matter expertise in support of regulatory audits & investigations.
- Adhere to, develop, and continuously improve the operation and maintenance procedures for manufacturing execution systems and related digital systems. Develop other team members through hands on training and by creating training & user aid material.
- Support site technology related to systems integration and digital transformation initiatives. Stay current with developments in the field of manufacturing execution systems and digital solutions. Influence site digital roadmap & strategy.
- Work in a way that models respect for safety and EHS, quality compliance, data integrity, cybersecurity, and engineering standards. Lead and develop those around you through active engagement and by modeling professional behaviors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering related field.
- Experience in design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of manufacturing execution systems (Emerson Syncade) is required.
- Experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of systems integration solutions (e.g. OPC, API, middleware, web services, etc.) is required.
- Experience in systems/account administration, network design, and server troubleshooting is required.
Experience in the design, programming, and troubleshooting any of the following systems is preferred:
- Emerson DeltaV, Informetric Infobatch, or SAP.
- Experience coding Visual Basic, XML, HTML or similar languages is preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Knowledge in current standards of control system platforms and computer system validation is preferred.